Friday, January 23, 2009

Tortoise Chasing a Ball - Video Blog

By Jaime Wilson, De facto Zoo Videographer

Our reptile keeper Kate told me one day that I just had to come get video of our Spur-thighed tortoise with his ball. "Yeah, right.", I thought, "That will be just riveting video." (Note the high dose of sarcasm). But sometimes it's hard to get the keepers to call us when the cool animal things are happening, so I wasn't going to say no.

Armed with camera and video equipment, Lauren and I head out there to meet Kate. As soon as she steps into the exhibit, the Spur-thighed tortoise heads over to defend his territory. Kate sets the ball down and it starts to roll slowly down hill. Once the tortoise spots it, the game is on! I was surprised how quickly he chased it and how determined he was. Take a look. My money is on the tortoise.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's weird, but this is really adorable for some reason!

    ReplyDelete