Monday, June 13, 2011

Twilight Thursdays Return!



By Tonja Swank, Public Relations Coordinator

Twilight Thursday is every week from June 16 through July 28. The Zoo will stay open late until 8 pm for extended summertime entertainment including live music, car shows and the animals!

Entrance into this fun filled event is included in general Zoo admission and the music starts at 5:30 pm. Bring your own picnic basket or your family can enjoy the evening’s Dinner Special. Please note that alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the Zoo but can be purchased once inside.

I love the 80’s - June 16th
The series will kick off June 16th with “I love the 80’s,” featuring music from Superlicious, Sacramento's hottest 80's flashback cover band. After emptying your picnic basket or tasting the dinner special, Southern fried chicken and waffles, you can check out the Volkswagen car show. You can also stop by and speak with Education First, an organization that offers a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel and academic degrees to cultural exchanges.

Swing Swing Swing! - June 23rd
June 23 will include live music by Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums. Arrive by 5 pm and participate in swing dance lessons from Midtown Stomp. Then dance your way through the display of antique cars and trailers. The dinner special for the evening is a deli sandwich with turkey, ham, cheese and garlic lemon aioli with macaroni. UC Davis Children’s hospital will also be in attendance, be sure to stop by their table and learn about the wonderful services they provide and how you can help.

Show off your car!
Do you have a hot car that you would like to show off during a Twilight Thursday? You can visit the Twilight Thursday webpage or call 916-808-5888 for more details and to register.

Win 4 tickets and a $20 food voucher!
Enter to win a 4-pack of tickets and $20 in food for the first Twilight Thursday on June 16, 2011. Just leave a comment on this blog post with your favorite Sacramento Zoo animal and we will pick a random winner Wednesday 6/15 at 5pm.





28 comments:

  1. My favorite zoo animal is the elephant. I have always loved elephants, especially the cute baby ones! Thanks for the opportunity to win the passes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite animal is the Sumatran Tiger. We love to watch them playing or just hanging out

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRAFFES! I love the Giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although it is hard to choose a favorite, we enjoy feeding the giraffes so very much. It is a new treat that we treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the flamingos!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new Masai giraffe. He's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son and I always have to see the black and white lemurs when we come to the Sacramento Zoo. It's especially exciting when they make that loud noise...it's a little frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the orangutans! I have couple pretty cool pictures that i've been able to take.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son and I love the otters, but my little one gets really excited when he sees the lemurs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite zoo animal is the flamingo, but only since I learned they bend their ankles, not their knees when standing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always loved the giraffes since I was a very little girl. I enjoy seeing all of Gods creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our favorite zoo animal is the tamandua. So cool if you can catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our favorite animal is the tamandua. Very cool if you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My son's favorite are the river otters, my daughter's favorite are the giraffes, and my favorite are the red pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The giraffes are my daughter's favorite exhibit. Once while feeding them she got her hand licked! talks about it every time we're there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I luv the monkeys, who wouldn't luv monkeys who like to monkey around, lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Giant Anteater has a big spot in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite Sacramento Zoo animal are the spotted leopards. But my son's love the giraffes. Pity we keep missing the feeding encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love watching the chimps. Actually, it's more like watching them watch all of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, so many great animals to choose! The tigers fascinate me, though, so I'll go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the giraffes. They are so cute and fun to watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love seeing the flamingos. My daughter can watch them for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg I have never won anything before so I'm roll my dice and see if I get picked.. I was debating on doing this with my husband over the phone he is deployed at the moment. I came on the site to check the prices so I can come tomorrow with my family and seen this blog.. I love the lion and the flamingo. I have 2 pink flamingos in my front yard lol..

    ReplyDelete
  24. <3 GIRAFFES! My niece and I go every Friday just to see the unique yet awfully adorable creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the big cats, especially the lions!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Winner, winner!! Congrats Laura, who said...
    My son's favorite are the river otters, my daughter's favorite are the giraffes, and my favorite are the red pandas
    Please email sacramentozoo[at]gmail.com for details. You'll need your photo ID on Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete