Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Only Four Twilight Thursdays Left!

By Tonja Swank, Public Relations Coordinator


I love the 80’s! themed Twilight Thursday provided a great start to this years Twilight Thursday series. Superlicious rocked the stage while families enjoyed the generations of VW’s parked in the Zoo.

The second evening, June 23, during Swing Swing Swing! Steve Lucky and the Rhumba Bums brought crowds to their feet while Midtown Stomp showed off their dancing moves.




Last Thursday, Red, White & Blues, was a relaxing kick off to the 4th of July holiday with more than 40 American muscle cars.


There are only four Twilight Thursdays left! Every Thursday evening through July 28 you can bring the family and enjoy extended hours, dinner specials and car shows. Spread a blanket on the lawn and sing along to the music or stroll through the Zoo, enjoying both animals and cars.


July 7th - Across the Pond
Go Across the Pond with the Beatles tribute band “Because” and a British car show.


July 14th - Old Skool Grove
Show off your Old Skool Grove as you move to the band “East Wind” and enjoy a Low Riders car show.


Bands go on at 5:30 pm and the Zoo stays open until 8 pm. For a full listing of Twilight Thursday themes, bands and food visit the Twilight Thursday website.


Show off your car!
Do you have a hot car that you would like to show off during a Twilight Thursday? You can visit the Twilight Thursday webpage or call 916-808-5888 for more details and to register.


Win 4 tickets and a $20 food voucher!
Enter to win a 4-pack of tickets and $20 in food for the first Twilight Thursday on July 7, 2011. Just leave a comment on this blog post with your favorite Sacramento Zoo animal and we will pick a random winner Wednesday 7/6 at 5 pm.

36 comments:

  1. We would love to win! Our favorite animal(s) is the river otters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave zoo animal is the river otter. They are so cute and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son Loves the lions. I am partial to the chimpanzees myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! I'd love to bring out my Girl Scout Troop of 4 girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bringing my monkeys to the Sac Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just heard about Twilight Thursdays and I'd like to go this week, and take my niece and nephews next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and my friends had an awesome time at your first Twlight Thursdays. Superlicious and the VWs were great, as were the animals at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made it to any of the Twilight Thursdays yet, at least I will get to go to the next one for sure. We went to all of them last year and had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. our favorite animals are the lemurs. Although really we love all of the animals. So glad we have a zoo in Sacramento!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds awesome! My just about 5 yr old wouldlove it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anteater, anteater! Such a beautiful creature :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been. Excited about hearing some Beatles! Lemurs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be awesome! Plus, the zoo is close to my house, so I could ride me bike to the event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to win too! And I love Sac Zoo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had a blast last year. My family's favorite animals are the giraffe and his neighbor the turtle. Hope to make it to at least one Twilight Thursday this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our family has not had the opportunity to go to the Twilight Thursday events. Both our kids love the zoo. My daughter loves the ring tail lemars and my son loves to see the tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Otters! My daughter and I would love to win =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The African Lions are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are looking forward to an AWESOME Twilight Thursday with the family celebrating the return of the amazing red pandas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Otters are my favorite at the sacramento zoo! Thursday night would be a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Schntizius FamilyJuly 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM

    Friends entered their car in the car show and had a great time! We hope to come soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We would love to win! I would have to say that our families favorite zoo animals are the playful tigers. Though the little hedge hog made quite a hit our last time seeing a show. We love all the animals so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Would love to take my 3 daughters to enjoy the Zoo and the car show! Sounds like it would be a fun time. Good luck all!! and enjoy your summers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite animal is the snow leopard. My two year old loves the chimps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to win! My favorite animals in the zoo are the tigers, red pandas, and giraffes :3 It would be a memorable and unique experience seeing all the animals at night! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a red panda fan and I would love to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a ton of fun, would love to bring my two kids to see all the fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, would love to do the night time. My two kids love going to the zoo, would be sooo nice if we won.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to win. I just graduated high scool and am planning to go to college and study zoology.
    I love the snow leopard. It's amazing to see such an endangered creature up close. I hope someday that they will no longer be endangered. <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Our family loves all the zoo animals, but the giraffes are our favorite! Their new exhibit is beautiful. It's an "awesome giraffe fort" according to my five-year-old son :).

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love seeing the Giraffes this 4th of July. My grandchildren were amazed and so was I. They are so tall, and beautiful with colors so bright and faces so serious. They did not scare my grandaughter like the chimpanzes did. I appreciate the Giraffe so rare and so exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jena Kearney you are the winner! Four tickets to tomorrow nights Twilight Thursday and $20 in food.

    Also, since we had so many comments, Cheryl Garcia & Brittany Luckett both get four admission tickets as well!

    All three winners, please email sacramentozoo[at]gmail.com to arrange the details.

    ReplyDelete